Wednesday, May 7, 2008

May 6 - "Drakengard" / James Bond

Well, it's been dead here for a while now, but I'm home for the summer and I'm hoping that the newfound ability to sleep in will help me remember my dreams. So here goes.

Dream #1: "Drakengard"

I am aware that Drakengard is a video game. However, such is the nature of dreams that this is not fixed. In my dream, Drakengard was a Shakespeare-like play, similar to Macbeth or Romeo and Juliet. I don't remember all the details, but apparently my dream consisted of a weird change to it. The play, in its "original form", consists of the following: a man has an affair. Then the son by this affair has an affair with the same woman (which manages to avoid the obvious fact that this is incest). I think the dad was a king or something that had usurped the throne. The son has a child by the woman and he shows it to his dad or something and that causes the usurper to get kicked off the throne. At some point, too, the woman is reassuring the son about something to do with the sex they were going to have. Anyway, that's the background. My dream involves all of this background, yes, except that it twists it. In the dream, the son has an affair with a male orc. He complains to his dad, who apparently set this whole thing up, because if the affair is with a male orc, then he can't possibly have the son he needs to continue the "Drakengard" reenactment. It doesn't come up at this point that the dad who set the whole thing up wouldn't find that particularly desirable, either.

Dream #2: James Bond

I don't remember all the details here, either. I'm James Bond and I've gotten some kind of ridiculous injury and am wearing this blood-stained misshapen jacket thing. I have to go to the bathroom to straighten out my outfit. Then at some point I'm not James Bond or something, and I'm this ENEMY of James Bond, and my assistant goes off to summon him. He leaves the room and gets killed by James Bond and dragged into a closet (I know this despite not having any line-of-sight here). He shoes up and takes this knife and does SOMETHING. Anyway, this dream is significant because it marks when I realized that my dreams usually involve some kind of blanket or something from real life. I sleep with a blanket almost all the time, and if it's over my head, I usually end up not seeing very good at some point in the dream, and if it's kindof twisty and messed up, well then I get a dream like this.

No comments: