Saturday, March 8, 2008

Fragments - CDs / flying / teeth / friction / death

So this is sortof a dual-purpose feature. I'm gonna talk about minor elements in dreams that I don't remember the context of, and I'm gonna talk about (at least this once) various dreams signs I've got.

First off, the fragment. Don't really remember where this fits in, but I had this snippet of dream I just remembered from last night where there was this whole bunch of CDs and they kindof accidentally spilled off the back of my desk or something and they got all dirty and gunky and generally unusable. I kept finding them later in like the radiator and stuff, it was weird.

Now for some dream signs. People tell me certain ones are common, and I've got a few of those. Don't really remember enough dreams yet to start looking for more, but I do remember these.

  1. Flying. It's weird. I've had tons of dreams where I can fly. It's always this sort of weird motion I make with my hands that allows me to essentially float everywhere I go without touching the ground. It's gotten so pervasive that sometimes when I wake up I have to go "oh, right, I can't actually fly in real life." So there's this sort of floaty thing, and also I can sot of gyrate my hands in a circle and adjust my height.
  2. Teeth. This one's old, and I haven't gotten it in a while. But every now and then there'll be these dreams where by the end I have like a pocketful of bloody teeth that have come out. Gruesome.
  3. And our good old friend, friction. I don't think that many people get dreams like this, but boy I have them all the time. I'm in some sort of ordinary environment, but I can't stop moving. I push off at one point and go flying crashing into the far wall. It's like I'm in null gravity in terms of motion only without the ability to go up or down.
  4. Death. Sometimes I die in my dreams. No idea if it's actually what dying actually feels like, but it's this sort of concentrated intensity that serves as dream-pain, followed by blackness, so you really kindof tend to draw the conclusion. There was this one time where I died and then the dream kept on going with me as a ghost.

More on these types of dreams as they happen. Maybe.

No comments: