Monday, March 17, 2008

March 16 - Teeth / Apocalypse / Eyes

Dream #1: Teeth

Well, there's a couple details here, but the gist is that I dreamt I was REALLY obscenely tired (like, opening my eyes was hard work and it was highly bleary), and that my teeth were dangerously loose. Then I dreamt that I woke up and was lying in bed and my teeth were loose and some had come out and were floating around in the mess that was my mouth in early morning. Then I realize that there's a bunch of teeth in my mouth, reach up, but the movement parallels in real life and it wakes me up and I realize that I was dreaming the whole thing.


Dream #2: Apocalypse

So. Kind of a long-ish dream here. Let's see if I remember it all.

Starts out at some point with this scene in a courtyard kind of deal. There's the base of an elevator shaft for some reason and various emergency exits and stuff. Don't remember all the details and don't care to: this only sets up the rest of the dream.

So I go inside the building and apparently it's kindof a cross between a dorm and a summer-camp type of weirdness. It's time to go to sleep and there's this large array of bunks surrounding a central shaft, sortof like a hotel atrium. So I'm going up to my bunk and apparently people make fun of me because my bunk is dirty, but I get in, and for some reason am rolling around in it, and there's this girl who shoves me and I go flying off and into the space over the shaft, I fall and scream something like "HELP ME!" and then I hit the ground. I kindof think this is when this mysterious woman who apparently was SUPPOSED to be in my bunk instead of me says something like "the time stream has been altered. Now I am done for." and I'm lying on the ground with broken bones and for some reason I don't understand everyone is running around as if it was some huge deal. I see a friend from high school who comes over and I raise my arm or something to tell them that I'm alive. There's some sort of funny stuff happening and there's more friends from high school, and then I go unconscious.

When I wake up Mr. Exposition kicks in and I'm told that as a result of my falling, some missiles got launched at this thing in the middle of the ceiling (there's this whole little backstory about how someone was trying to help me out and launched the emergency stash of missiles instead) and it turns out that the launch automatically triggered more launch of missiles, which went to various places in Europe I think that caused casualties, except the missiles owned by Israel, which got launched toward some country in South Asia. So apparently there's millions of casualties and I feel like it's all my fault but then I remmeber this woman and it turns out that actually no, it's HER fault. There's this whole scene where I try various strategies to get everyone out of the dorm, because apparently there's high levels of radiation or something. Various stuff happens and I end up getting out, following one of my friends from high school around. We end up in some new location but then there's this backtrack thing and my friend ends up apparently back where we started inside the exclusion zone, but this time it's a pair of houses in each other's back yard, and I go inside after the girl and we pick up these huge stashes of candy bars, because apparently they were left behind and they'll improve morale, and then just about everyone else (at this point, pretty much all people I knew from high school) shows up to start collecting stuff and they remark about how altruistic the two of us are, gathering candy bars for them.

There's kindof a time skip here and other than some sort of tour of some sort of facility where there's these four dudes whose police badges are only visible when they glow in the dark, except that that's actually only true of one of them and we don't know which one, and some really hard-core post-apocalyptic accomodations, we end up traveling back in time to fix this whole thing.

We end up back in the original zone of the disaster, only now apparently the whole thing was instigated by a pair of characters from Angel (sometimes it's Angel and Cordelia, sometimes it's Wesley and Fred) kissing. We manage to prevent this from happening, and there's this whole thing about a hugely bright light, and then it's fixed and everyone starts clapping. Since nobody is supposed to know that we just kindof saved the world, this is a bit of a plot hole. And then the entire gang of us points out that this is a plot hole in one of the stranger moments of this whole situation.

And then we all live happily ever after and the dream ends.


Dream #3: Eyes

Various details escape my recall here, but one scene is towards the end of the dream and is burned in my memory. Something about a mom named Joyce. This part of the dream is being narrated by her daughter's diary and I kind of think this is supposed to be related to Buffy the Vampire Slayer. Anyway, the daughter is talking about her mom, using some strange language like "arkbuilder" and "tanner". Apparently she has some mixed feelings, somewhere between "well, she's a nice, strong woman" and "she's really annoying." In any case, the daughter ends up describing her eyes, which look really creepy. Here's my memory of the image.

Obviously that's not exactly what it looked like, but the central part is pretty accurate and I do remember that there was this sort of web of white strands surrounding it.

That is not a normal-looking eye. At all.

No comments: