Saturday, March 29, 2008

March 28 - Rail Shooter / Pacific / Scientology

Well, got three here. At least, three distinct contexts of dreams that I don't remember how they connect. They might connect, they might not. It's hard for me to say with my waking mind.


Dream #1: Rail Shooter

Well, this one starts off apparently as Professor Layton. Well, that'd be great, except I've never seen anything from the game other than promotional graphics. Apparently, though, I'm supposed to travel from various nodes to various other nodes, and find secret passages and solve puzzles. There's various islands and stuff, and I'm solving these puzzles (well, most of them). They're more like classic adventure puzzles than the puzzles I understand are in Professor Layton, but that's OK. So then I think I come to this one puzzle that I don't remember the details of except that there's these rotating blocks and I'm supposed to use them to create some kind of border when I'm told to. Apparently sometime around here it is revealed that the plot of Professor Layton consists entirely of the Professor and his sidekick solving puzzles and defeating evil villians off-camera. Well, this'd all be great, except that the Professor Layton in my dreams actually looks like the protagonist from Zach and Wiki. Oh well. But sometime around here we make a full-fledged switch and we end up with a Zach and Wiki rail shooter. Zach is zipping around on some power lines shooting various that's dangling from the sky. And that's the end of that dream.


Dream #2: Pacific

This one's a little odd. I don't remember quite how it starts except that I end up in this church-like setting (complete with pews) and apparently I'm a female slave. So there's this auction or something and then the dude next to me pulls a sweater over my head and convinces everyone I'm some saint named Mary. They all start worshipping me and apparently this whole thing was a plot of me and my buddies because then these dudes convince me to lead the entire pack of them to a certain place and then lose them. So I go around through this sort of mall-like setting and they follow me, with me following a guy I hate from college a little ahead. We come to this elevator and apparently only holy people are allowed down it. Or something. So we take the stairs and I'm talking to the dude next to me and apparently this is on some pacific island where the High Priest or the Mayor (sometimes it switches between the two) mysteriously vanished (incidentally, apparently the Mayor is Bosquinha from Lusitania from Speaker for the Dead by Orson Scott Card), creating a power vacuum and upsetting the social sytem of who's allowed where. So anyway, we walk around and I manage to lose everyone in some sort of really lush verdent residential district. I end up finding them again only to discover that me revealing myself to them at that point was a bad idea, because then they realize that the person they've been following for a while wasn't me. So I capitalize on this and there's some stuff that happens and then someone angers the volcano god and it starts pouring rain. Then we manage to convince the volcano god to make it HOT, only that just turns it into hot rain, which is apparently a perfect recipe for malaria. So we run around, and I think there's this flashback and a dude from my church back home, and then I find myself outside of this house that I seem to recall having similar design to some dude I had in a dream a couple years ago that I don't remember anything else about (and indeed, only just remembered that part when the dream felt familiar). There's this huge table in there and some people singing, and at some point there's me talking to some people about finding a different island to be on. And that's all I remember.


Dream #3: Scientology

This doesn't start out being about Scientology. It starts out being about me talking to some old friend back in Goshen. They've apparently found a new house and I'm talking to them about their internet service, which is apparently being run by my servers which are subletting from Verizon. I talk to them about college, and then apparently I start talking about Scientology. They have a watertubing slide like thing from Scientology apparently, and then that gets emptied of sand, and then a whole bunch of other friends show up, and I make some mean jokes, and they all turn into Scientologists and chase us off the property. But we go just past the edge of the property (apparently there were these goggles and some surveying done earlier so we ended up seeing the edge of the property exactly in some sort of glowing purple), and they pump us full of bullets (which apparently don't hurt, even though they've got, like, AK 47s), and we laugh in their face and tell them that we just videotaped them trying to kill us while we weren't on their property, and then I wake up.


Fragment: Newspaper

Don't remember where this fits in, but apparently there's this thing with a newspaper and I'm treating the newspaper like a website, and the newspaper has hyperlinks that lead to this columnist's blog, and there's this police officer talking to this woman and apprently he has to get out an AR-15 because she has one and it's police policy here to have at least as good a gun out as anyone you're talking to.

No comments: