Wednesday, March 19, 2008

March 18 - Chess

And in a burst of luck, I was wrong. I remember at least part of my dream now.

This is from toward the end of the dream, but still. Apparently I'm involved in this whole big underground blackmarket type service for playing some funny game against other people. It was apparently taboo because of its associations with cannibalism or something, very strange. Anyway, this hub for the game trade is this jeweler shop. You go to the jeweler sometime after 3 PM, and look at his display of gems very carefully. They contain a hidden code in them, and when you deduce the code, you know the current combination to this lock. You use the lock with some color-coded keys, and if you use the right two keys in the right order, it opens the door. Then the jeweler knows you're part of the trade and can pull out his game card that lists various different types of games that you play.

...But that's just how the dream ended. Here's how it begins.

I'm in this sort of real-life version of Wired.com. There's news stories floating around or something, and my brother shows up at one point and there's some clowning around and stuff.
Various hijinx insue that I don't remember the details of. Anyway, the dream proper begins when I apparently start learning more about Scientology. The wired.com-like place starts focusing on Scientology and I start wrapping myself into the group. Apparently this is all for the purposes of infiltration, but just when I'm almost in the group, I have this nervous breakdown. I come crying to my parents, say I can't do it, it's too hard, blah blah blah. So I run up this gigantic hill. I keep going and I reach the top and apparently it's turned into some sort of freaky weird quest, because I'm passing these increasingly weird sets of objects. I don't remember all of them, but one of them was a bomb, an apple, and... something. I collapse HUGGING the bomb. I look up and see some sort of reward, again for the quest that I'm suddenly on. Apparently there's a squirrel on my team because one part of the reward is this giant acorn. I actually don't remember the other parts, but at this time I'm high on the hill and am eating this apple. My parents are down below and are talking about how I'm refusing to do this Scientology thing (yeah, I know, perspective and context are about as slippery as an eel taking a bath in vegetable oil). So they start walking down the hill. I start eating one of three Granny Smith apples. Another of the three gets dislodged from the hillside and starts rolling down the hill. The hillside starts getting increasingly steep and I start slipping. By the time the apple rolls down and is in front of my mom, I'm clinging on a cliff for dear life. My mom gets my dad and they apparently think the apple is some sort of omen for some sort of supernatural monster that had introduced itself to them before via apples, but then they get close enough to the tree that I'm now clinging to, and I tell them, nope, it's just an apple. But could they get me down from the tree?

Well, I'm clinging on to the top of the tree, and they're at the bottom. So my dad whips out his magic powers, which apparently are totally freakin' sweet. He uses this sort of mathematical translation or something: two steps up, one to the side, and you form this L shape.

Then you TWIST in the air ninety degrees and the L-shape twists with it and this portal opens. You step next to the portal and rotate it again the right direction ninety degrees and it opens on the other side in another portal location.

I stepped through the portal he opened at the top of the tree and appeared in the jeweler shop.

Sadly, this is where I start forgetting the order in which things happened. I kindof think after the incident in the jeweler shop I got locked in a bathroom by some political fanatics and harassed by Ronald Reagan who threatens to casts some votes, which is apparently incredibly bad for the cause I'm fighting for. He starts doing that and then I wake up.

No comments: